We’re thrilled to gather with you all at our virtual convening next week! If you haven’t yet registered for our free convening: Reclamation & Reciprocity: Harvesting Just and Liberated Futures for Girls, Femmes and Gender-Expansive Youth of Color, you can do so here! There’s more information about what you can expect below, as well as information about our first in-person youth celebration in Brooklyn.
Wishing you a joyous rest of October,
Our team at Grantmakers For Girls of Color
Our Convening is almost here!
Join us for a jam-packed week of free virtual workshops, plenaries, exciting speakers and performances that bring together our community of funders, grantee partners, and of course, youth! The convening will take place oOct. 25th to 27th, from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. (ET).
Some of the exciting offerings you can expect:
- SESSIONS ON:
- Supporting the Leadership of Latinx Girls and Gender-Expansive youth in all our communities,
- Affirming Futures for Trans Femmes, featuring Ericka Hart,
- Supporting BAMEMSA girls and gender-expansive youth’s capacity to lead,
- Centering Indigeneity to Build Healing Across Communities,
- Co-curating and Funding Havens for the Innovation and Leadership of Black Girls, Femmes and Gender-Expansive Youth of Color.
- Office Hours for grantees and organizations to get real-time answers to questions about topics related to organizational development and infrastructure.
- “Kiki” Circles for participants to meet and build community with one another in a lightly facilitated setting.
- And much more!
The first 100 people who sign up will receive a participatory gift.
Sign up HERE today, and forward this email to someone who needs to hear about this year’s G4GC convening.
If you have any issues with your convening registration, please email [email protected] with your question or issue and we will get back to you with assistance. Thank you!
Save your spot & register now for our in-person youth celebration on Saturday, October 29th!
Join us in celebrating our youth at this exciting in-person celebration! You can now RSVP HERE for our free in-person celebration on Saturday Oct. 29, 2022
10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., at Bogart House in Brooklyn, NY. We have 70 event RSVP spots left – you don’t want to miss this!
JOYOUS FUTURES: G4GC Youth Celebration will be a day of creativity, art, vibrancy, food, and fun! This event is intended for girls, femmes and gender-expansive youth of color under age 25, and those who celebrate, love and support them! Tickets are limited, so sign up today!
ACTIVITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Expressing your vision of a joyous future at the vision board station
- Selfie photo booth + video corner
- Yoga & meditation with Urban Yoga Foundation
- Native beadwork sessions
- Dance + vibe on the dance floor to DJ Sabine & Girls Make Beats
- Share the Movement dance session – move your body!
- Fun hair braiding by Brielle’s Locker
- Slime station with Mila ‘MMM Slime Queen’
- A traditional Día de los Muertos altar to honor our ancestors
- And amazing bites from local BIPOC-owned food vendors!
We look forward to celebrating our youth and being in community with you all!
If you have any issues with your youth festival registration, please email [email protected] with your question or issue and we will get back to you with assistance. Thank you!
One of our grantee partners, National Crittenton’s research team is hosting a paid leadership opportunity for cis and trans girls, young women and gender-expansive young people of Color to co-design and facilitate the “In Solidarity Conversations as a Research Lead.”
The In Solidarity Conversations were born out of our frustrations about the continued invisibility and marginalization of girls and gender-expansive young people of Color, who in the midst of chaos and confusion, were stepping up to meet added caregiving and financial responsibilities in response to a global pandemic, while also engaging as leaders, organizers and activists at the forefront of the protests against the deaths of people of Color at the hands of police during 2020.
In order to be considered for the role, you may complete the interest form by October 31st.
Let’s get candid…
Candid is a great online platform that offers free helpful resources for nonprofits.
You can learn more about funding opportunities, search for data relevant to your organization and sign up for online trainings.Candid has comprehensive data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants.
- 9: Holding A Sister Initiative Anniversary (1 year!)
- 25: International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
Does your organization have a funding opportunity, upcoming conference, or other celebration centering girls of Color you want to share with the G4GC community? Or an important date to be included in our upcoming calendar section? Email them to [email protected] with “newsletter” in the subject line for consideration 6-8 weeks before the event or date.